Breaking News

Ramadan rage 2017: deaths reach 1,627, marking one of the bloodiest Islamic holy months in recent memory

(BREITBART) — by Edwin Mora

Islamic extremists killed more than 1,620 people during this year’s holiest month for Muslims, marking one of the deadliest Ramadans in modern history, reveals a Breitbart News tally.

The large majority of Ramadan violence victims are Muslims.

At the end of Ramadan on Saturday, the total number of casualties across the world for the entire holy month had reached 3,451 (1,627 murders and 1,824 injuries), more than tripling the 1,150 (421 deaths and 729 injuries) that took place in 2016, considered the deadliest holy month in recent memory.

The 1,627 fatalities this year nearly quadrupled the estimated 421 deaths last year. There were an estimated 160 terror incidents in nearly thirty predominantly Muslim countries during Ramadan 2017.

On the annual Muslim festival of Eid ul Fitr that marked the end of Ramadan Saturday, jihadists attempted to attack Islam’s most sacred Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which surrounds the holiest place for Muslims — the Kabaa.

Saudi security troops thwarted the attack, but one of the suspects in the planned assault blew himself up, injuring six foreigners and five of the Sunni kingdom’s forces.

Between Friday and Saturday, Islamic extremists killed 141 people and injured 387 others. The majority the casualties (84 deaths and 282 injuries) took place in Pakistan, which the Pentagon has labeled a jihadi sanctuary.

The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) issued multiple messages urging its sympathizers and followers to carry out deadly attacks during Ramadan, namely in the United States, Europe, Russia, Australia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, and the Philippines.

[READ MORE]

Gangs of Muslim immigrants attack Chinese children with knives in Paris

(UK EXPRESS via SHARIA UNVEILED) — GANGS of North African youths have terrified Chinese migrants amid complaints they have become ‘too rich.’

The streets of Paris have erupted into inter-migrant strife as North African youths have targeted ‘rich’ Chinese migrants amid growing tensions.

Police in France recorded more than 200 attacks on Chinese immigrants last year, mostly from hostile migrant gangs.

This comes amid a growing perception that recent migrants from North Africa have become “too demanding” and consider themselves “victims” who deserve pity.

Contrary to this, the long-standing Chinese community in Paris has gained a reputation for being “hard-working and managing without taxpayer help”.

In a report from German channel DW, a Chinese migrant named Woo described how a gang of North African youths attacked him in his home last November.

He said that the yobs threatened him and his wife with a knife and smashed his head, after which broke in and stole his valuables.

He added: “I am scared. I don’t feel safe anymore.”

Yvon Sun, who works as a liaison for the Chinese community in Paris, echoed these remarks and said among a rise of recent assaults, a gang of African migrants had robbed a pair of young children under 10 years old and threatened them with a knife.

In August last year, a Chinese man was killed in the Paris suburb of Aubervilliers after being attacked during a botched robbery.

While the crime rate grows, local migrants from North Africa have been unafraid to voice their prejudices.

[READ MORE]

ISIS urges attacks on Ramadan’s Night of Power, Islam’s holiest day

(FOX NEWS) — By Hollie McKay

Law enforcement officials around the world are on high alert this week as ISIS calls for a surge of civilian attacks during Islam’s “Night of Power,” the holiest day on the Islamic calendar, which this year begins Wednesday evening.

Known in Arabic as “Laylat al-Qadr,” it marks the night during the holy month of Ramadan that Muslims believe the Prophet Muhammad received the first revelations of the Quran.

While the vast majority of Muslims consider the occasion as the best time in the year to pray for blessings and forgiveness, jihadist groups such as ISIS exploit the date to urge brutal acts of violence.

Last year, when the Night of Power fell on July 2, a widely shared message pushing for “calamity everywhere for the nonbelievers,” was delivered by ISIS. And that night there was a surge of deadly terror attacks.

ISIS operatives plunged into a foreigner-frequented restaurant in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and hacked 20 people to death when they were not able to recite verses from the Quran. On the same day, ISIS fighters detonated a massive truck bomb in a popular Baghdad shopping district, killing at least 200.

Pro-ISIS messages are said to be circling on encrypted apps such as Telegram this week, calling on Muslims to “wake up, the war is starting,” especially in the wake of Sunday’s mosque attack in London.

[READ MORE]

‘Terrorist’ knifeman ‘shouting Allahu Akbar’ repeatedly stabs cop in the neck at Michigan airport

(UK DAILY MAIL) — By Ashley Collman

The FBI is investigating the stabbing of a police officer at Flint, Michigan’s Bishop Airport as a ‘possible act of terror,’ according to reports.

A Canadian man yelling ‘Allahu Akbar’ repeatedly stabbed the officer including in the neck at the airport on Wednesday morning, witnesses told NBC News.

The saying means ‘God is great’ in Arabic, and is often shouted by Islamic terrorists before attacks or suicide bombings.

The police officer involved in the incident has been identified as Lieutenant Jeff Neville, who is retired from the Genesee County Sheriff’s Department. Sheriff Robert Pickell told WJRT that Neville was an ‘amazing deputy’. He has reportedly worked as an officer at the airport since 2001.

Neville was at his post at the top of a set of escalators at the airport Wednesday morning when he was attacked from behind with a knife similar to a Bowie knife, WJRT reports.

The officer was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, but his condition has since improved to stable after coming out of surgery.

Police say a suspect has been taken into custody and is being question. They have not released his name.

[READ MORE]

Suicide bomber ‘shouting Allahu Akhbar’ and wearing an explosive vest blows himself up at Brussels central station as he is gunned down by soldiers

(UK DAILY MAIL) — A suicide bomber who allegedly shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ and triggered an explosive vest at Brussels Central Station has been gunned down and killed by soldiers.

Shots rang out soon after 9pm as police and soldiers moved in ‘to neutralize a suspect who was threatening civilians,’ said an investigating source.

The suspect was said to be wearing a rucksack packed with explosives around Belgium’s busiest railway station.

Tourists were among those who fled in panic, and within a few minutes nearby shops and restaurants were shutting down.

The Grand Place, the city’s most popular tourist spot, was completely evacuated because of fears that the man might not be acting alone.

[READ MORE]

Three Palestinians carry out knife-and-gun attack in Jerusalem, policewoman killed

(HAARETZ) — Three Palestinian assailants armed with guns and knives carried out an attack Friday night in Jerusalem that killed one Border Policewoman and left a number of people wounded.

The officer, Hadas Malka, 23, was critically stabbed while attempting to reach for her gun, according to Israel’s Police, and later succumbed to her wounds.

All three attackers were shot dead by officers at the scene.

The attack unfolded along Sultan Suleiman Street, near Damascus Gate in the Old City. At one scene, two of the attackers were shot and killed after assaulting police officers with knives and guns. At the other, an attacker was shot dead after stabbing a border policewoman, critically wounding her.

Another officer was lightly wounded in the attack. Both were evacuated to Hadassah University Hospital in Jerusalem for treatment, where the female officer died of her wounds.

According to the police, two Palestinian bystanders were wounded in the shootout, one moderately and one lightly.

[READ MORE]

London Bridge attack: Terror incident leaves up to 7 feared dead, 20 wounded, after van plows into pedestrians ‘before five men jump out and start stabbing people’

(THE SUN) — A gang of five terrorists wearing stab-proof vests drove a van into pedestrians at 50 mph on London Bridge before attacking revelers with hunting knives.

Up to seven people were feared dead and 20 hurt in the 10pm attack – amid a second incident at nearby Borough Market which armed police have responded to.

One man said to be one of the terrorists has been pictured lying dead – after being gunned down by cops – outside the Wheatsheaf pub in Borough Market.

Two explosions – believed to be controlled explosions by police – have been heard outside The Sun offices in London Bridge at 1:23am and 1:25am.

Eyewitness says three men shouted ‘This is for Allah’ during London Bridge terror attack

A third huge explosion was heard at 1:28am near The Shard in London Bridge as multiple fire engines are parked outside.

A fourth massive blast has been heard in the vicinity at 1:49am.

Witness Erick Siguenza told BBC News that one of the gang screamed “This is for Allah” as he went on his stabbing rampage.

Staff at a packed pub in London Bridge locked the doors as the gang tried to smash their way in. Witnesses saw one man stabbed in the chest five times.

[READ MORE]

Massive Kabul truck bomb kills 80, wounds hundreds

(AFT) — At least 80 people were killed and hundreds wounded Wednesday when a massive truck bomb ripped through Kabul’s diplomatic quarter, bringing carnage to the streets of the Afghan capital and blowing out windows several miles away.

Bodies littered the scene and a huge cloud of smoke rose from the highly-fortified area which houses foreign embassies, after the rush-hour attack tore a massive crater in the ground just days into the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan.

No group has so far claimed the powerful blast, which a Western diplomatic source said was caused by 1,500 kilograms of explosives packed inside a water tanker.

Rescue workers were digging bodies from the rubble hours after the explosion as anguished residents struggled to get through security cordons to search for missing relatives. Dozens of damaged cars choked the roads as wounded survivors and panicked schoolgirls sought safety.

It was not immediately clear what the target was. But the attack suggests a major security failure and underscores spiraling insecurity in Afghanistan, where the NATO-backed military, beset by soaring casualties and desertions, is struggling to beat back insurgents.

Over a third of the country is outside government control.

“Unfortunately the toll has reached 80 martyred (killed) and over 300 wounded, including many women and children,” said health ministry spokesman Waheed Majroh, adding the figures would continue to climb as more bodies are pulled from the debris.

President Ashraf Ghani slammed the attack as a “war crime”.

The Taliban — currently in the midst of their annual “spring offensive” — tweeted that they were not involved and “strongly condemn” the blast. The insurgent group rarely claims responsibility for attacks that kill large numbers of civilians.

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for several recent bombings in the Afghan capital, including a powerful blast targeting a NATO convoy that killed eight people earlier this month.

The sound of the bomb, which went off near Kabul’s busy Zanbaq Square, reverberated across the Afghan capital, with residents comparing it to an earthquake. Most victims appear to be civilians.

“The vigilance and courage of Afghan security forces prevented the VBIED (vehicle-borne improvised explosive device) from gaining entry to the Green Zone, but the explosion caused civilian casualties,” NATO said in a statement.

– Embassies damaged –

The BBC said its Afghan driver Mohammed Nazir was killed and four of their journalists wounded. Local TV channel Tolo TV also tweeted that a staff member Aziz Navin was killed.

[READ MORE]

UK casualty update: 22 dead, 120 injured, youngest victim eight years old

(BREITBART) — 22 people have been confirmed dead and around 120 others are injured following reports of multiple explosions after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester in the North of England on Monday Evening.

Greater Manchester Police originally said there had been a “number of fatalities and others injured” at the Manchester Arena, where Grammy-nominated pop singer Ariana Grande was performing. Nineteen people were confirmed dead as of 8pm EST.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins has confirmed the man suspected of carrying out last night’s attack was 22-year-old Salman Abedi.

Eyewitness accounts posted to social media show convoys of ambulances moving to the centre of Manchester as thousands of music fans fled the Manchester Evening News Arena.

UPDATE 2210 BST — May raises threat level to critical, ready to deploy Army on the streets – “Operation Temperer is now in force.”

In a televised statement from Downing Street, Prime Minister Theresa May said the U.K.’s terrorism threat level has been raised from severe to critical. ITV notes this level means “a terrorist attack is considered imminent.”

“It is a possibility that we cannot ignore that there is a wider group of individuals linked to this attack,” said May.

She said the higher threat level means “there will be additional support available to the police as they work to keep us safe.”

“Operation Temperer is now in force,” May stated. Operation Temperer is a plan formulated after the Paris massacre, once considered secret by the British government, that could put up to 5,000 soldiers on the streets in the event of a major terrorist attack.

May specifically stated that initiating Operation Temperer meant the protection of key sites would be handed over to military personnel instead of the police, freeing up police officers for other duties.

“You might also see military personnel deployed at certain events, such as concerts and sports matches, helping the police to keep the public safe,” the Prime Minister explained. “In all circumstances, members of the Armed Forces who are deployed in this way will be under the command of police officers.”

“I do not want the public to feel unduly alarmed,” she emphasized. “We have faced a serious terrorist threat in our country for many years. The operational response I have just outlined is a proportionate and sensible response to the threat that our security experts judge we face. I ask everyone to be vigilant and to cooperate with and support the police as they go about their important work.”

[READ MORE]

Duterte declares martial law after Islamic State forces overrun Philippine city of Marawi

(BREITBART) — A group of heavily armed fighters from the terrorist group “Maute,” also known as the Islamic State of Lanao, attacked the city of Marawi in the southern Philippines on Tuesday. Two soldiers and a policeman were reportedly killed in the battle so far, along with an unknown number of militants.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte declared the region under martial law for 60 days and has cut short his visit to Russia to deal with the “rebellion,” as he called it. Marawi, which has a population of about 200,000, is located on the southern island of Mindanao.

The Associated Press quotes Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana warning that “the whole of Marawi City is blacked out, there is no light, and there are Maute snipers all around.” However, Lorenzana insisted the Philippine military has not lost control of the city.

According to military officials, the battle began when Philippine troops raided a hideout used by militant leader Isnilon Hapilon, who has been tapped by the Islamic State to run a branch of ISIS in Southeast Asia. The AP describes him as “an Arabic-speaking Islamic preacher known for his expertise in commando assaults.”

Hapilon is the leader of the Abu Sayyaf gang, which is notorious for its kidnapping operations. He is one of the U.S. Justice Department’s most wanted terrorists in the world, with a $5 million bounty on his head.

When Hapilon, who was wounded in an airstrike in January, realized his men were likely to be defeated by Philippine troops, he called in reinforcements from another ISIS affiliate called Maute, which sent an estimated 50 gunmen to help.

Other versions of the story, such as the one provided by the Philippine Star, say the battle began when troops were dispatched to check reports of “men brandishing assault rifles” and came under fire from militants.

Residents of Marawi took photos of Maute fighters marching through the streets and driving stolen police vehicles flying the black flag of ISIS. The militants occupied the city hall and hospital, freed a number of prisoners from the local jail, and set fire to schools and a Catholic church, among other outrages. The ISIS flag was seen hanging from the hospital during its occupation.

Some of these assaults were described by the Philippine military as diversionary tactics, intended to draw troops away from the effort to capture Hapilon.

Local officials told the people of Marawi to “stay home and drop to the ground if they hear gunshots.” The Sun-Star reports that thousands of people have nevertheless fled their homes, as the military moved in armored fighting vehicles and even appears to have conducted airstrikes against “selected areas of Marawi City, particularly in the border with Lanao del Sur beside Lake Lanao.”

[READ MORE]