Breaking News

Iraqi sinkhole mass grave for 4,000 ISIS victims

(RT) — The bodies of some 4,000 Islamic State victims have been buried in the Khasfa sinkhole in Iraq’s desert, making it the country’s largest mass grave, according to locals, police, and activists, as cited by The Telegraph.

The sinkhole is located near the Baghdad-Mosul highway, only eight kilometers from Mosul, the daily reports.

Witnesses and police, as well as human rights organizations, say that Islamic State (IS, Daesh, formerly ISIS/ISIL) murdered and dumped the bodies of thousands of Iraqi troops into the sinkhole after they captured Mosul three years ago.

The majority were shot and thrown into the pit, locals said.

“Daesh would drive the victims to Khasfa in convoys of minibuses, trucks and pickups. The men had their hands bound and their eyes blindfolded. They were taken to the sinkhole and shot in the back of the head,” 40-year-old local villager Mahmoud told The Daily Telegraph.

The terrorist killers were masked, the witness added.

Earlier this week, the Telegraph reportedly went to the Khasfa sinkhole following the recapture of the western half of Mosul by Iraqi troops.

The city has been under IS control since 2014, and the offensive to retake it began in October.

On Friday, Iraqi forces seized the city’s airport.

Over the past years, IS is believed to have conducted a campaign to hunt down and murder policemen and soldiers and toss them into mass graves in the desert.

Human Rights Watch reported last November that IS had executed at least 300 policemen and buried them in a mass grave some 30 kilometers from Mosul.

Another mass grave containing 100 beheaded bodies was found earlier that month in a school just outside of Mosul.

[READ MORE]

Islamic State planning attacks on civilians in Britain: Anti-terrorism lawyer

(TERROR ALERT) — Islamic State militants are planning indiscriminate attacks on innocent civilians in Britain on a scale similar to those staged by the Irish Republican Army 40 years ago, the head of the country’s new terrorism watchdog said.

In an interview with the Sunday Telegraph published on Sunday, Max Hill, the lawyer tasked with overseeing British laws on terrorism, said the militants were targeting cities and posed “an enormous ongoing risk which none of us can ignore”.

“In terms of the threat that’s represented, I think the intensity and the potential frequency of serious plot planning – with a view to indiscriminate attacks on innocent civilians of whatever race or color in metropolitan areas – represents an enormous ongoing risk that none of us can ignore,” he said.

“So I think that there is undoubtedly significant ongoing risk which is at least as great as the threat to London in the 70s when the IRA were active on the mainland.”

The IRA abandoned its armed struggle for an end to British control of Northern Ireland and unification with Ireland in a 1998 peace deal. More than 3,600 people were killed, including more than 1,000 members of the British security forces, during a sectarian conflict that began in the late 1960s.

British security officials have repeatedly said that Islamic State militants, who are losing ground in Iraq and Syria, will target Britain.

[READ MORE]

SWEDEN MAYHEM: Police find HAND GRENADE in crisis-hit ‘no-go zone’ after deadly shooting

(UK EXPRESS) — By Rebecca Perring

A HAND grenade has been discovered at a public park in the Swedish city of Malmo, part of a cache of dangerous weapons found in the Kronobord area.

The area is close to the Malmo Stadium which is home to local football team IFK Malmo.

The bomb squad was called in to areas around the pond in the park at around 12.30pm (local time).

Officers have been searching for weapons after the shooting of a 53-year-old janitor in Roskildevägen street, which borders the park.

A 15-year-old has been arrested in connection with the shooting. But police do not believe the hand grenade was connected to the murder.

The discovery comes after officials placed more than 50 areas on a ‘no-go zone’ list where they admit they do not have control.

Lawless thugs are wreaking havoc and officers are often at personal risk when entering the crisis-hit areas in Sweden.

Malmo is reportedly struggling to cope with crime as it’s described as a “lawless city” and “battlefield”.

[READ MORE]

Sweden Is Having Big Trouble With Mideast Refugees

(REAL CLEAR POLITICS) — By Rich Lowry
February 23, 2017

As if on cue, riots broke out in a heavily immigrant suburb of Stockholm as soon as the media mocked President Donald Trump for a vague warning about immigration-related problems in Sweden.

At a campaign rally over the weekend, Trump issued forth with a mystifyingly ominous statement. “You look,” he declared, “at what’s happening last night in Sweden.” What? Had the president invented a nonexistent terror attack? As it turned out, the reference was to a segment on Sweden he had watched on the Fox News show Tucker Carlson Tonight the previous night, rather than to any specific event in the Nordic country.

The ensuing discussion quickly took on the character of much of the debate in the early Trump years — a blunderbuss president matched against a snotty and hyperventilating press, with a legitimate issue lurking underneath.

By welcoming a historic number of asylum-seekers proportionate to its population, Sweden has indeed embarked on a vast social experiment that wasn’t well thought out and isn’t going very well. The unrest in the Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby after police made an arrest the other night underscored the problems inherent in Sweden’s immigration surge.

Sweden’s admirable humanitarianism is outstripping its capacity to absorb newcomers. Nothing if not an earnest and well-meaning society, Sweden has always accepted more than its share of refugees. Immigration was already at elevated levels before the latest influx into Europe from the Middle East, which prompted Sweden to try to see and raise the reckless open-borders policy of German chancellor Angela Merkel.

[READ MORE]

ISIS radical claiming to have raped 200 women explains: ‘Young men need this, it’s normal’

(CHRISTIAN POST) — A captured Islamic State terror group soldier, who claims to have raped over 200 women and killed as many as 500 people in total, tried to explain that the reason IS carries out mass rape of women and children is because “young men need this.”

(Photo: Reuters)Amar Hussein, 21, a captured IS militant in this undated photo.

Amar Hussein, the militant who was captured in October during an assault on the city of Kirkuk in Iraq, spoke with Reuters about his experiences, revealing that IS commanders gave soldiers permission to rape as many Yazidi women and other minorities as they wanted.

“Young men need this,” Hussein apparently said. “This is normal.”

The jihadist explained that militants were able to rape so many women because they moved from house to house in the captured cities in Iraq, taking women and children as sex slaves, while killing the men.

“We shot whoever we needed to shoot and beheaded whoever we needed to behead,” he added.

Hussein, who was first taken to be a jihadi fighter at 14 years of age, recalled that IS leaders trained soldiers to kill people, and although at first it was difficult for him to obey such orders, it got easier the more he did it.

“Seven, eight, 10 at a time, 30 or 40 people,” he described. “We would take them in the desert and kill them.”

While Hussein’s claims of how many women he has raped and people in total he has killed are yet to be verified, several major international organizations have documented the mass enslavement and rape of women and children that goes on in captured IS territory.

Documents obtained by The Washington Post earlier in February revealed that IS keeps detailed records of its fighters, categorizing them by blood types and listing out how many “slave girls” each is allowed to own.

Survivors who have escaped IS, such as humans rights defender Nadia Murad, have been sharing their horrific stories of abuse.

“We didn’t feel valued as humans in their hands,” Murad, whose Yazidi family was shot in front of her, said in an interview.

[READ MORE]

Truck bomb in Somali capital kills 30

(VOA) — Somali officials say at least 30 people were killed and dozens others wounded when a massive car bomb exploded in a busy market in the capital Mogadishu on Sunday.

Witnesses said a car laden with explosives targeted a market in Kawo-Goday area in Mogadishu’s Wadajir district.

Security officials told VOA’s Somali service the victims included civilians and government soldiers. Scores of people wounded in the attack have been transported to local hospital.

Director of Madina hospital Mohamed Yusuf told VOA they have received least 32 people wounded in the attack so far.

No one has yet claimed the responsibility for the blast, but officials blamed al-Shabab militants.

Sunday’s attack came hours after al-Shabab denounced Somalia’s new president Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo.

A senior leader of the group has vowed to continue fighting the government. In an audio message, Sheikh Hassan Yaqub, a senior commander, called the new president an “apostate” and warned Somalis against supporting him.

[READ MORE]

Blast rips through Sufi shrine in Pakistan, 100 dead

(TIMES OF INDIA) — Nearly 100 people were killed and several injured tonight when an Islamic State suicide bomber blew himself up inside the crowded shrine of revered Sufi Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Sehwan town, some 200 KM northeast of Karachi, in a string of deadly blasts this week in Pakistan.

The bomber entered the shrine through its Golden gate and blew himself up near the site where the ritual of sufi dance ‘Dhamal’ was taking place. He first threw a grenade, which failed to explode, SSP Jamshoro Tariq Wilayat said.

“He first threw a grenade to cause panic and then blew himself up,” the SSP said.

Sehwan police station SHO Rasool Baksh told reporters that around 100 people, including women and children, have been killed in the suicide bomb attack

Hundreds of devotees were present inside the premises of the vast mausoleum of the saint at the time of blast.

Faisal Edhi of the Edhi foundation confirmed they have shifted 60 bodies to hospitals in Hyderabad and Jamshoro.

The ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack on their Aamaq news agency, saying a suicide bomber had targeted a “Shiite gathering” at the shrine in Sindh.

Commissioner Hyderabad Kazi Shahid said since the shrine was located in a remote area, some 130 kms from Hyderabad, ambulances and vehicles and medical teams were being sent from Hyderabad, Jamshoro, Moro, Dadu and Nawabshah to the blast site to take care of the injured and move the bodies.

“Emergency has been declared at hospitals in these places and rescue operations have started,” he said.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that the Pakistan army had been requested to provide night flying helicopters to shift the dead and injured.

“Yes it is a tragic incident and because the shrine is away from a major city there have been problems in providing rescue operations,” he said.

The army said a C130 aircraft will be used to lift the injured from Nawabshah.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack and urged Pakistan to “stand united”.

[READ MORE]

Dutch opposition leader Geert Wilders wants to ban Islam and close the mosques

(SPEISA) — Dutch right-wing opposition leader, Geert Wilders, says he wants to ban Islam and get the country out of the EU. He asks the other parties for their cooperation, reports DN.

In his first major television interview before the election on March 15, Wilders advocated that the Quran should be banned and mosques closed.

– Islamic ideology is probably more dangerous than National Socialism, says Wilders, who compares the Quran to Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf.”

Wilders’ Freedom Party (PVV) hopes to become the country’s largest party, with a participation of around 20 percent. Today, VVD is the largest party, but in recent polls it is now smaller than PVV.

Wilders and his party also wants the Netherlands to withdraw from the European Union and to reintroduce border control.

In the interview, he points out that the current ruling party will be obliged to cooperate with PVV if voters support the party’s opposition to immigration and the EU. But he quickly got a response from Prime Minister Mark Rutte of the VVD.

– Zero percent. Geert. NULL percent. It. Will Not. Happen, writes Rutte on his private account on Twitter.

It is the first time in six years that Rutte has used his Twitter account.

[READ MORE]

Venezuela may have given passports to people with ties to terrorism

(CNN) — The stunning postcard-perfect vista surrounding Misael Lopez in this town about one hour from Madrid belies his constant anxiety, even fear.

That’s because the former legal adviser to the Venezuelan Embassy in Iraq is revealing secrets he says his government doesn’t want disclosed.

“I’m concerned about my safety and my family’s safety everywhere I go,” Lopez said as he walked the cobble-stoned streets of Toledo.

Lopez, 41, says he reported what he says was a scheme to sell passports and visas for thousands of dollars out of the embassy and repeatedly turned down offers to get a cut of the money. But it was the response from his government — which has denied his allegations — that surprised him the most.

CNN and CNN en Español teamed up in a year-long joint investigation that uncovered serious irregularities in the issuing of Venezuelan passports and visas, including allegations that passports were given to people with ties to terrorism. The investigation involved reviewing thousands of documents, and conducting interviews in the U.S., Spain, Venezuela and the United Kingdom.

One confidential intelligence document obtained by CNN links Venezuela’s new Vice President Tareck El Aissami to 173 Venezuelan passports and ID’s that were issued to individuals from the Middle East, including people connected to the terrorist group Hezbollah.

The accusation that the country was issuing passports to people who are not Venezuelan first surfaced in the early 2000s when Hugo Chavez was the country’s president, interviews and records show.

A Venezuelan passport permits entry into more than 130 countries without a visa, including 26 countries in the European Union, according to a ranking by Henley and Partners. A visa is required to enter the United States.

[READ MORE]

Islamic State targeting Spanish coastal resort towns

(BREITBART) — by Chris Tomlinson

The Spanish government has released a new report claiming members of Islamic State could be targeting coastal resort towns to carry out large-scale massacres of tourists.

The coastal resort towns of Spain are popular with British, German, and other tourists across Europe and may be under threat according to the Spanish government. The government’s National Security report states Islamic State has increased its recruiting efforts in Spain and has started publishing more propaganda in Spanish leading to the increased warning over possible future attacks, De Telegraaf reports.

The report highlights several factors including cyber security and claim that the terror group will likely launch more cyber attacks in the near future that would target critical infrastructure in the country. In 2016, there were 21,000 incidents of cyber attacks – up 15 per cent from 2015. Of those around 3.6 per cent were considered to be serious security threats.

The terror group is also said to have launched a campaign last summer to procure more Spanish translators to help spread their jihadist propaganda on social media. The increase in Spanish propaganda “implies an increase of the risk of its influence on the radicals installed in our country,” the report notes.

While no specific geographical targets have been named by the terror group, the report notes an attack would put the civil aviation sector at risk due to the possible effect on the global economy.

Spain has maintained a high alert status across the entire country and is presently at threat level 4. This means authorities believe there is a potential attack risk, though no official or specific plans have been discovered.

In 2016, the government carried out 36 police operations which led to the arrest of 69 people who are alleged to have connections to terrorist groups.

[READ MORE]